Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy National Day!!!!!

The United Arab Emirates turns 39 this year, and though I can't help but get the feeling that people are holding back slightly for next year's big 4-0, all the ingredients are there – lights, decorated cars, honking, whoops and loud music – for a big old party. Here are some of the things around our office:


One of my favourite decorations of the year was this: some sort of creche erected on top of the security scanner. It is all sorts of awesome. (Although that giant horse head to the left led to nightmares - I went home and dreamt that a giant horse was attacking the building.) It warrants a closer look:

This is Kareem Shaheen, one of our national reporters, and below Haneen Dajani, even further decked out.


Someone even gave me a little of my own bling.

1 comment:

Rina said...

Happy National Day~! :D

Umm..I know this sounds lame but I have a favor to ask from you! ;_;

You see I'm doing a survey which is about the impact of technology/ multimedia on people with special needs and learning disability. Can you please help me by advertising it somewhere? My subject is so tough and I already tired many places (so far I'm half way through).

So this is the link: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/421156/Impact-of-technology-in-multimedia-on-people-with-special-needs

And there are 3 pages, 15 response was disqualified because people did only one page (what a waste..). So please!

Ignore my comment if you won't do it. xD Thanks for reading though! ^^

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...