Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wheeler's in Dubai and baby corn as a drink garnish: Discuss

I hate baby corn. It is the porridge of vegetables; it is the vegetable equivalent of the blandest, dryest most boring person you know. The only high point in its history is that film scene, when Jim Carrey chewed through a piece of baby corn as if it is a regular-sized cob. Hilarious, always.

And so, when the bartenders talked my friend into ordering this beverage (after the jump) at Wheeler's recently, I almost fell off my chair when I saw how it was garnished.


My friend shushed my laughing and pointing (suggesting I was being rude) but I did manage to get this picture. Doesn't the baby corn look impossibly massive? Isn't it... incredible?



No comments:

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...