Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Being an expat means being homesick, but maybe not THIS homesick

I was all set to poke fun at this story, but instead it just broke my heart. I cannot imagine feeling this lost and trapped, and I just hope from the bottom of my heart that this fellow can get where he needs to be.

An unemployed man from Pakistan called 999 (the UAE's 911) more than 100 times because he was hoping to be arrested and then deported. He came to work in the UAE 31 years ago, lost his job with Dubai Police recently, and did not have the money for a ticket home.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes your right. heart breaking story

JJ said...

Yeah. Pitiful indeed. Being homesick is so depressing. I've been quite homesick since I moved to Doha months ago.

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...