Saturday, May 3, 2008

I didn't think I would miss pork this much

I really didn't. I rarely even have it back home. But then again, you always want what you can't have, don't you? It hit me, just now, as I ate some chicken wonton soup. It was just not the same. Not the same at all.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered breakfast and it came with weiners. Probably chicken weiners.

On Tuesday I went into a local cafe to get lunch. The fellow there proceeded to list off the menu items (as there did not appear to be an actual menu, more of a fluid thing, I guess): "chicken club, tuna salad, BLT - "

My eyes must have widened, because he stopped, smiled, and said "but without bacon."

I said, "so an LT?"

He didn't get it.

Anyway, I had chicken salad. And continue to dream about, well, you know. Apparently I can get pork, somewhere. And I think I will.

No comments:

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...