Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I am going "Inside the National"

I am a little bit excited right now, as I am T-minus two hours away from making my debut on Inside the National where I will talk about what I gleaned from meeting with representatives of Google this morning. (Hint: do not hold your breath for Street View) One can only watch this half-hour program at 7.30pm Sunday through Wednesday on Abu Dhabi TV. Inside the National actually previews stories in the next day's paper and includes interviews with the people writing them. (That the half-hour is not a little more like The Office, UAE style, I assure you, is not for a lack of drama or comedy.)

It may seem like an amazing thing that The National has its own, very well done television program, complete with producer, sound person, several camera operators and two presenters, one of them a former correspondent for the BBC, but I assure you, it's true.

It's been a couple of months, so I have just gotten used to the idea myself.

4 comments:

Trish said...

So - how did it go??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I'd love to watch the show but I won't be able to most days at that time.

Why not make a video podcast out of it?

Trish said...

Oooh. Who got deleted?

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...