Monday, April 13, 2009

Continuing on with the theme "much of the world seems to be obsessed with having white or whiter skin"



My friends and I were hanging out by the pool at the Sandy Beach Hotel in the emirate of Fujairah (a highly entertaining way to pass an afternoon, just trust me on this) and we almost fell off our beach chairs at the sight of this SPF lotion-loving lady.

I had never seen anything like it. She kept reapplying, and reapplying, so it never had a chance to absorb. That was the point, I think.

(She also smoked, quite a bit, so we figured it wasn't skin cancer she was worried about.)

1 comment:

Graeme said...

I swear the guy in the glasses is Kim Jong-il.

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...