Totally true second-hand story: man, monkey, mobile phone+bicycle

This comes from my hairdresser, who spotted this last week on the Corniche in Abu Dhabi: a man in national dress, riding a bicycle (rather slowly, as you can imagine), head cocked to one side, talking on his mobile, with a live monkey wrapped around his neck. A woman in an abaya walked (also slowly) by his side.

UPDATE: I just happened to check the "keyword analysis" portion of Statcounter, the handy gadget that lets me know how many visitors I have. One in particular jumped out:

"Looking to buy a monkey in Dubai 2011"

Comments

Anonymous said…
A few weeks ago I was driving on the corniche and saw a land cruiser with a monkey sitting on the sunroof. the driver was going slowly, not disrupting traffic by his speed but definitely attracting attention!

Maybe it was the same guy!

Popular posts from this blog

The unofficial guide to buying a used car in Abu Dhabi

Why I love boric acid OR Cockroaches: 0 Me: 1