Monday, January 3, 2011

Tarsier, the tiny monkey

I spotted this hanging from a taxi driver's rear-view the other day. It is a Tarsier monkey, a shy, nocturnal animal also known as the "world's smallest monkey" that hails from the island province of Bohol in the Philippines. In 1997 it seems someone rated it the "planet's cutest animal" but I got tired of looking for who. (And I have no idea why this little one is wearing a skirt - or is it a visor?)

I'll take the furry replica over the real thing I think.

1 comment:

Dubai Property said...

Ooooo.... Cute monkey. I was not aware of that species of monkey before and I will try to make a research to know more about this monkey.

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...