Saturday, January 22, 2011

18 degrees celsius=bundle up!

The last two days of weather in Abu Dhabi have been awesome: cool (for here) rainy - not a sunbeam in sight. I cannot explain as someone who did not grow up here how pleased I am to see the sun disappear. Isn't that weird?

I guess the moral of the story is an important one: when you live in a place where it's sunny every day, you will miss the clouds and rain. (Not sure I would say the same about driving snow, black ice, drifts and sleet though)

Anyway, this time of year cracks me up. I am way more vulnerable to the slightest chill than when I moved here, donning a sweatshirt when the thermometre dips below 20. But it still cracks me up how everyone else deals with it. I have seen so many people wearing thick, heavy leather jackets, wool caps, big, big scarves wrapped around their necks – gloves! puffy coats even!– that I can't help but smile.

No comments:

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...