Friday, November 26, 2010

Toki has excellent Japanese food and funky bidets

Toki, the Japanese restaurant at the Hilton Hotel on the Corniche, has great Japanese food and I also really like the atmosphere – very private rooms that make you feel as though you are in your own little world.
















What really impressed me though was these futuristic bidets. Almost all bathrooms at hotels, restaurants and malls here have a version of "the hose". So far Toki is the only one I've seen with something so high-tech. Note the "front cleansing", "rear cleansing" and "dryer" functions. I have no idea what the buttons beside that square box do.

Don't even get me started on "oscillating".

4 comments:

nzm said...

You can't beat a Japanese toilet, although I do find the heated seat to be weird!

Essam Al-Ghalib said...

When I was in Tokyo they had one that heated the seat when you turned on the bathroom light switch. It would then flush and clean itself. On that model you could set the water temperature and the pressure on the bum washer. I will surely pop into the Hilton to try this next time I am in Abu Dhabi.

Essam Al-Ghalib said...

When I was in Tokyo they had one that heated the seat when you turned on the bathroom light switch. It would then flush and clean itself. On that model you could set the water temperature and the pressure on the bum washer. I will surely pop into the Hilton to try this next time I am in Abu Dhabi.

Susan said...

The loos at Al Aqa Beach resort are a bit high tech too. My poor mother once made the classic "what does this button do" mistake and got rather wet!!!

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...