If I was not so lazy, I would act on the many ideas my friends and I come up with to augment this joint. If I had a dirham for every time I've heard "You know what Abu Dhabi needs?" followed by a discussion about how we could all be millionaires in the past year...
1. An organic cafe and associated health food store (a real one, like they have in Dubai), with people who know about the vitamins and potions they are selling.
2. An American-style diner, one that can properly prepare a club sandwich (there will be no egg or cucumber in sight), a greasy breakfast and late night poutine (that's good old French Canadian fries, gravy and cheese curds. Trust me)
3. A large gym, like Virgin Active (rumoured to be opening here a year ago), Fitness First, or a home-grown version, that is not attached to a hotel. One that isn't a fortune to join and charges men the same amount as women, because it will be so nice inside women will want to join. With yoga and assorted fitness classes that aren't a fortune and discounted if bought in bulk, please.
4. A bagel shop. Or stand. Or, you know, just bagels, somewhere I can find them on a regular basis.
5. A car-rental sharing service, such as this one in Ottawa.