Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A random thing I feel the need to semi-publicly confess

I am dangerously close to joining Twitter, just as soon as I can figure out what it is.

(In a related development, the British journalism newsletter Gorkana tells me Sky News has just appointed Ruth Barnett a Twitter Correspondent: "she will now dedicate her time to scouring the Twittersphere for news stories on a daily basis and feeding back relevant stories to the rest of the Sky News team". Ruth’s tweets can be followed at www.twitter.com/RuthBarnett)

2 comments:

Trish said...

I don't know what it is either, but I actually dropped a facebook friend, due to Twitter. He knew how to use it, and somehow had it linked in to his status updates on FB. Every time I logged on it said "Andrew is twittering: (and then some update here)" It drove me mad. I can't even stand the word "Twitter" anymore. But, go ahead :)

Anonymous said...

Gorkana has also started including a really irritating 'twitterati' section on its alerts.For that reason alone I refuse to find out what it is.
As if the Facebook/ MySpace/ Bebo generation wasn't bad enough..

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...