More rain please

It rained here yesterday, quit a lot. There was thunder and everything.

At first I thought the roof in the kitchenette had finally fallen in, but then I looked outside and saw a downpour. I think my mouth was open: it was the first precipitation I have witnessed in almost eight months. (Interestingly, I had just the night before read an article about the "rain show" out at Marina Mall. Apparently they simulate thunder and downpours out there, for entertainment purposes)

Anyway, I was so excited to wake up to the sound of rain I immediately lay back down, just to have the pleasure of listening to it. Then it stopped, five minutes after it started. I feel back asleep and when I woke up an hour later, it was sunny again as if nothing had happened.

To give you an idea of just what a big deal this was, our front page picture today was a photo of a mall reflected into a puddle. And here was the Question of the Day: "Yesterday's rainstorm in Abu Dhabi triggered 25 car accidents. What more can be done to educate motorists about the dangers of driving in adverse weather?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unofficial guide to buying a used car in Abu Dhabi

Why I love boric acid OR Cockroaches: 0 Me: 1