Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tiger Balm is good for all sorts of things, apparently



For some reason my first boyfriend introduced me to the merits of Tiger Balm. I can't remember why - he probably used it for sore muscles, like most people. But I was in the supermarket the other day and saw some. Feeling suddenly nostalgic, I picked it up. The next day I had a headache and rubbed some on my neck - I felt better in about a minute. And my colleague said "is that Tiger Balm I smell? I love that stuff!"

That night I read the description on the jar: "Fast effective relief for headaches, stuffy nose, insect bites, itchiness, muscular aches and pains, sprains and flatulence."

That's right, flatulence. Ummm, how, exactly?

2 comments:

Art said...

it's every hard to explain, this is Chinese medicine. My ex-boyfriend wouldn't use it on his sore muscles because he didn't believe this can relief any pain(he is a Canadian plus scientist), until one day he couldn't handle the pain any more under my insistence, he agreed to try it, then just applied it a few minutes later he felt much better started to apply it on the other muscles by himself...

Art said...

it's every hard to explain, this is Chinese medicine. My ex-boyfriend wouldn't use it on his sore muscles because he didn't believe this can relief any pain(he is a Canadian plus scientist), until one day he couldn't handle the pain any more under my insistence, he agreed to try it, then just applied it a few minutes later he felt much better started to apply it on the other muscles by himself...

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...