The falcons would be scary if they weren't wearing their hats





Though I wouldn't go near something like this back in Canada, living abroad pushes one to do things they may not have previously imagined. That's how I came to be strolling the aisles if the International Hunting and Equestrian Exhibition yesterday. That is an entirely fake camel to my left, by the way. Seeing such a large fake camel, to me, was almost as interesting as coming across a real one. By the way, did you know one is not supposed to wash camels with people shampoo? Here is proof:



I also saw loads of knives and guns - rifles, pistols, semi-automatic weapons - and people snapping them up. For some reason, when I saw this gun, I had to hold and point it. (This photo and the smile on my face in no way indicate I am some sort of advocate.)



We missed the camel competition, but did make it in time for the saluki show. Salukis are desert dogs, skinny desert dogs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unofficial guide to buying a used car in Abu Dhabi

Why I love boric acid OR Cockroaches: 0 Me: 1

Who says there is no internet dating in the UAE?