I like to write: The Argo and I hate Big Sugar edition

A bit behind on these, but I've written two pieces for The Review (in The National) in recent months.

For the Argo piece, I interviewed the former Canadian ambassador to Iran, Ken Taylor (portrayed by fellow Canadian Victor Garber in what was, its emphasis on the CIA aside, a very fine film), about meeting an apologetic Ben Affleck and how what's going on in the Middle East and how it's not so different.

Last week I read an article about the new Coke anti-obesity television ad, then watched it, and because I was so riled up I wrote this column (which was accompanied by a really cool illustration) about how in the fullness of time Big Sugar will likely rival Big Tobacco when it comes to decades of well-funded attempts to manipulate the public into believing its products are harmless when, as is increasingly being proven, they most definitely are not. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unofficial guide to buying a used car in Abu Dhabi

Why I love boric acid OR Cockroaches: 0 Me: 1