Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tim Hortons in Abu Dhabi: It's here, I went there

Happy sigh. Smile. Medium with milk.
















My friend, who is British, asked a staffer if a lot of Canadians had been by. "Too many", he said, to which we laughed hysterically. ("Too many" or "too much" is what a lot of people from these parts say when they mean "a lot", and that's what this guy meant too, but it was funny still)

I had a lovely chat with a fellow Canadian and his American wife, both of us kind of giddy and talking about why we love the place so darn much. Here I am with all the staffers.

2 comments:

Jennifer J said...

The Dubai one is always packed every time I drive past it on SZR, hope the same thing happens for the AD location!

Zia M. said...

THERE'S A TIMMIE'S IN ABU DHABI?!! Wow. I really need to re-visit the country some time. Thanks for writing about it!

Zia from Toronto, former AUH resident.

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...