Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A wrong number in Abu Dhabi...

...is nothing like in Canada. This morning my phone rang. I knew it would be a wrong number. Why? Because everyone I know here - aside from the front desk staff and the ladies at the coffee shop down the road - I would see at work in a couple of hours. Or they would just text me. Texting is huge here. Even bigger than it is back home.

This is how the conversation went, for WAY too long.

Me: Hello?

Male caller: Allo?

Me: Hello?

Caller: Allo?

Me (hanging up): Argh!

1 comment:

Jones. Bridget Jones. said...

Lucky you!

They usually try to pry my name out of my sealed lips ha!

How to be a happy expat

Because a cloud wall makes you want to take a selfie.  After 10 years living in the UAE, some of that time happy, some miserable and ...